Ginger and Turmeric Aromatic Rice
1 cup brown rice 2 cups boiling water
1 tablespoon coconut oil 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 cloves of large garlic 1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 tablespoon ginger
1 teaspoon turmeric
3/4 teaspoon salt
1. Pour dry rice into a bowl. Cover with cool water. Soak for 15 minutes, then drain.
2. While rice is soaking, put on a kettle of water and full boil.
3. Add coconut oil, garlic, and ginger to a medium-sized pot. Heat on medium. Saute until fragrant, until 3 minutes.
4. Add rice, turmeric, and salt. Saute an additional 2-3 minutes.
5. Add 2 cups of boiling water. Reduce heat and simmer. Cover until water is absorbed for 30-35 minutes.
6. A few minutes after rice is finished cooking, stir lemon juice and dried cranberries into rice. Re-place cover and continue to cook.
7. Serve with cilantro and pine nuts alongside your favorite main dish.