DECEMBER 13, 2017
9am – 3 pm
Curdsville Community Center
122 School Road, Dillwyn, VA 23936
REGISTER ONLINE: https://goo.gl/forms/Dwm3TL9Wiyo0ULEJ3
Space is Limited.
$10 per person* (Children 12 and under free with an accompanying adult.)
Payable to "DavidWise.com Insurance LLC" by check or cash upon arrival at the workshop.
*includes lunch, refreshments and workshop materials.
Sheep and goats can be raised to provide meat, milk, and fiber. They can also be raised for 4-H projects, clearing brush from an area or simply as pets. If you are interested in raising sheep and goats for meat, this class covers all the basics you need to start your enterprise.
A local producer and Virginia State University’s Extension Specialist and Researchers will review the basics of:
• Starting a farm business: insurance, tax, and legal considerations.
• Everything you need to know to raise sheep and goats (breed selection, housing, supplies/equipment, fencing, feeding, marketing).
• Health of your sheep and goats.
• Reproduction (to include preparing for lambing and kidding).
• Hands-on activities including hoof trimming, body condition scoring, correct drenching techniques, lambing, etc.
For more information call the Small Ruminant Program office at (804) 524-5960 or email email@example.com
If you are a person with a disability and desire any assistive devices, services or other accommodations to participate in this activity, please contact the Small Ruminant Program office at (804) 524-5960 / TDD (800) 828-1120 during business hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. to discuss accommodations five days prior to the event.