Marketing & Communications
We strive to provide solutions that improve the lives of our colleagues, our team, ourselves, and first and foremost the public.
WHO WE ARE
We are a creative team of marketing and communications experts who support Virginia Cooperative Extension and Virginia State University’s Agricultural Research Station, as well as the 1890 and southern region land-grant mission.
WHAT WE DO
We provide a full-range of communication strategies, services and products that connect the public with research-based information to improve their quality of life. Additionally, we support and strengthen awareness and perception of the Virginia Cooperative Extension and VSU’s Agricultural Research Station through strategic marketing initiatives.
Key Areas of Focus
1. Building connections between the college and its constituents
2. Enhancing the image, reputation and visibility of the college
3. Raising public awareness, understanding, trust, and appreciation of the College, its people, and programs
4. Promoting pride, preference, and ownership of the college
5. Inspiring support (including involvement, advocacy, and financial support)
6. Internal support to our colleagues
7. Brand protection
The department’s primary services include:
1. Marketing Planning & Strategy
2. Editorial Services
3. Web Services
4. Media Relations
5. Photography & Videography
6. Social Media
7. Graphic Design
8. Customer Relationship Management
9. Internal IT and Audio Visual Support
10. Banners and Displays
Sign up to receive our weekly e-newsletter and event alerts directly to your inbox.