Soil Management Workshop
APRIL 25, 2018
8:30am - 2:30pm
Virginia State University
L Douglas Wilder Building
Presenters include Dr. Leonard Githinji, Dr. Greg Evanylo, and Dr. Mark Reiter
Join VSU's Sustainable & Urban Agriculture program and Virginia Cooperative Extension for a workshop to include:
• Sustainable soil management practices including soil water management
• Soil fertility, including nutrient cycling
• Composting & Vermiculture
• Soil amendments
HANDS-ON EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING
• How to sample a soil for nutrient analysis
• How to measure soil water for irrigation scheduling
• How to construct compost piles with correct moisture and temperature thresholds
This event is free and open to the public.
For directions and a map of VSU Campus, click here.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact the VSU Cooperative Extension Agriculture & Natural Resources program office at (804) 524-5960 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a person with a disability and desire any assistive devices, services or other accommodations to participate in this activity, please contact the Agriculture & Natural Resources program office at email@example.com or call (804) 524-5960 /TDD (800) 828-1120 during business hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. to discuss accommodations five days prior to the event.