VSU/USDA Field Day at Randolph Farm
JUNE 7, 2018
8AM - 1PM
VSU Randolph Farm
4415 River Road • Petersburg, VA
FOR SCHOOL OR GROUP REGISTRATIONS, PLEASE CONTACT THE SMALL FARM OUTREACH PROGRAM OFFICE, (804) 524-3292.
Randolph Farm will be open to the public for this exciting opportunity to learn about the latest trends, research, and proven techniques designed especially to help small, limited resource, urban and beginning farmers. USDA representatives will be on hand to explain how their agency resources can offer services and support for a wide variety of operations. This event is FREE and includes a light breakfast and boxed lunch. Highlights include:
- Agriculture Showcase and Education Mobile Units from Maryland and Kentucky
- USDA Resources for farm financing, risk management, advocacy and outreach
- Rain Simulator demonstration from USDA Dept of Natural Resources and Conservation
- Urban agriculture site demonstration
- Berry production, management and marketing
- New equipment, tools and technology demonstrations
- Introduction to aquaculture practices and production
- Hops research and production
- High tunnel growing practices and specialty crops
- Randolph Farm Nature Trail Educational Hikes
For more information, contact the Small Farm Outreach Program Office at (804) 524-3292.
If you are a person with a disability and desire any assistive devices, services or other accommodations to participate in this activity, please contact the Small Farm Outreach Program office at firstname.lastname@example.org or cal (804) 524-3292 / TDD (800) 828-1120 during business hours of 8 am. and 5 p.m. to discuss accommodations five days prior to the event.