Fall Gardening Workshop
OCTOBER 31, 2018
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
VSU RANDOLPH FARM
4415 River Road • Petersburg, VA
$20 per person.
Lunch is included.
For this workshop, participants will learn about:
• Plant nutrient management
• Urban soils and their management
• Growing of strawberries, caneberries and blueberries
• Best vegetable gardening practices
• Gardening of cool-season crops
• Season extension using low tunnels
The workshop will culminate in hands-on exercises at the Urban Agriculture Research Demonstration Site.
If you are a person with a disability and desire any assistive devices, services or other accommodations to participate in this activity, please contact the Sustainable & Urban Agriculture Program office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (804) 524-5960 / TDD (800) 828-1120 during business hours of 8 am. and 5 p.m. to discuss accommodations five days prior to the event.